Come work with us!
Windhorse Equine Learning is hiring.
Part-Time Development and Communications Coordinator
Date: January 20, 2023
Reports to: Executive Director
Employee Classification: Part-Time Hourly
Job Summary: The Communications and Development Coordinator is a part-time hourly position. This staff member will work closely with the Executive Director to assist in the execution of Windhorse Equine Learning’s communications activities and fund development program. The Communications and Development Coordinator will help to identify, solicit and steward individual donors and business partners, help plan and implement fundraising campaigns and events, and execute marketing and communications activities related to fundraising and programs. The Communications and Development Coordinator will work from a home office, will meet regularly with the Executive Director of Windhorse Equine Learning at the Windhorse property, and will participate in monthly meetings of the Board of Directors.
Essential Job Functions: (Other duties may be assigned.)
These duties will be conducted in collaboration with the Executive Director.
Communications and Outreach
· Implement communications strategy to thank, educate and inform donors.
· Conduct efforts to enhance profile of Windhorse in community and ensure attendance at events and success of fundraising campaigns.
· Market programs to potential participants via print and media advertising.
· Develop print and digital assets to promote Windhorse.
· Conduct regular social media and email outreach and develop strategy to maximize success.
· Maintain Windhorse website.
· Coordinate 2-3 annual fundraising and friendraising events.
· Coordinate 2 annual fundraising campaigns (Give Big and Year-end appeal).
· Assist with capital campaign planning and implementation.
· Help maintain relationships with individual donors and corporate sponsors through regular communications.
· Assist with business partnership program planning, help recruit corporate sponsors and ensure that benefits are received.
· Ensure donors and sponsors are appropriately thanked and receipts sent.
· Help maintain donor database.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Minimum two (2) years’ experience in nonprofit development and/or communications
- Passion for helping kids and an understanding of how horses contribute to learning
- Experience with social media (Facebook, Instagram, Linked In, Google Biz) content development and marketing strategy
- Proficient skills in Microsoft Office software and internet-based applications
- Experience using databases preferred
- Experience with graphic design a plus
- Ability to exercise initiative and independent judgment
- Ability to work well independently as well as in a team environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to set and implement priorities and manage multiple tasks with a variety of stakeholders
- Strong attention to detail and ability to maintain a high level of accuracy
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Ability to communicate and present information well to others
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule and occasional evenings for events and board meetings
Part-time position: Maximum of 20 hours/week. Actual hours will vary.
Compensation: $20-22 per hour DOE
Please send a resume, cover letter and three professional references to Darcy Minter at email@example.com. Position open until filled.
Employment Disclaimer: This job description is not a contract – management reserves the right to change it contents at any time. This organization complies with the guidelines set forth in the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, disability or status as a disabled veteran. This organization is an Equal Opportunity Employer.